Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Need a New Bike

I think I need a new bike. Well maybe not need, but would like a new bike. No, I need a new bike.
I have three bikes now and each has its purpose:

1) road bike     2) mountain bike     3) touring bike (modified Kona MTB)

The problem is, that all of these bikes are too nice to safely leave locked anywhere. I need a city bike to run errands with that I can leave parked out of sight for hours at a time, without having to worry about it.

Ideally, I would like something like this:



I suspect this bike is still too nice for my needs; it's nice though.
Looks far to similar to the bike stolen in this news story from Chiayi: stolen bike

Back in Victoria, a good friend of mine swore by his trusty Road King girl's 5-speed as his downtown bike of choice.


Can you believe the cheek?  Selling this bike for $150CDN ($4,500NT) SOLD! Unbelievable.

I don't know which would be hurt more by this bike - my ego or my wallet? I don't have near as many tatoos as my friend does.


Amah, ni de jiǎo tà chē - duōshǎo qián?

Will have to make a trip down to the 2nd hand bike shop on Friday and see what they've got for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment