Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Decided to do my annual spring detox a few weeks early this year and hit the juice on Thursday. I've been riding fairly regularly for a couple of months now, but my body still feels sluggish, so I figured a thorough cleaning of the system was in order.

The Plan: 2 weeks of drinking just juice ( fruit & veg. ) followed by a raw foods week.

My 3rd day on the juice is usually the toughest, when the body is fully making a transition to a new fuel source. Things got rough a little quicker this year and I woke up this morning with a headache and sore muscles. Luckily, I only work till noon on Fridays, and was feeling much better by mid-morning after a large juice and some water. Was very tired in the afternoon though, and cancelled my Cijin island ride and had a few hours of sleep instead and then went for a swim. Looking forward to a long ride tomorrow to Cock's Comb Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment